Sunday, January 6, 2008

Knitting Projects I have completed



After thinking about knitting socks for the last 4 to five years I finally started in about November and have gone a bit crazy since then. I love knitting socks and am so pleased with all my results. These socks I just finished 10 minutes ago for my eldest son Zak, while we are all watching curious George together because he was jumping on my bed and cut his head open earlier this morning. After going to accident and emergency he didn't need stitches but to keep quiet for the rest of the day.... good knitting opportunity for me!!






This is the third pair of socks I knitted from a free pattern online, the wool is worsted weight and that is all I know. I bought it from Lincraft in an unlabled grab bag for $5. You can't see it from the picture but the yarn is soft and silky although I am pretty sure it is just acrylic. They worked so well and these will definitely be good bed socks and around the house socks in winter.


This is the first set of socks I knitted. I couldn't tell you what the wool is because it also came from a grab bag but it is a gorgeous variagated colour way and for a first attempt I am very happy with them.









No comments: