Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ok so I haven't blogged in a while and it has been a combination of sock and tea cosy frenzy and just to add to the mayhem I will be sewing this weekend with my sister in law for something fun for us to do without having to mind the kids. So it is all good and fun just a bit crazy too! So here are the latest socks I have made quite a few to catch you up on so here we go.


Socks for Pa! Happy Birthday Pa! I love these socks and so does Ash so I have to make some for him too before we go to Gumdale.... Ooooohhhh the Flinders Ranges.....Sorry I digress....Made from cotton and Bamboo blend and the pattern Thuja. Ma says that if Pa won't wear them she will so he had better hurry up she has her eye on them!!!!





Then I did some beautiful bed socks for Verity that I loved actually everyone i showed drooled and wanted some. I am intending to make some for Ash's Granny who we all love to bits but put some slip proof paint on the bottom so she has a bit of grip for her midnight trips....




Next on the list a tiny teacosy for Mrs Mac for the Easter fair at church... For those people who want tea in a teapot! Too Right Everyone has to have tea in a teapot can't understand why you would have it any other way!! Mrs Mac Rocks!




Then some wicked Jaywalkers for Ma!!! Oooohhh I love these and the wool is Jigsaw and self striping and Ma Loves them we all love them!!!!




Ok so next on my list is Birthday presents for Mel (sister in Law) Beck (sister) Granny (Ash's) After those i have a blanket to edge and get together for the craft group and then we will only have about 20 left to put together thanks to Wonderful Bev who supplied all the squares.... What a gem!!! Then a cardigan to take to Gumdale (drool drool) and socks for DH and more socks for me and socks for the neice and nephew for gumdale (oooohhhh Flinders. Can't wait!!!) and by then I also want to sew new pants for the boys for winter new pyjamas for them and a couple of nighties for me a couple of skirts for me and to finish the quilt I started for Zak about 8 months ago.... Hmmmmm only time will tell. Its just as well I am not working.....
Ahhh and working a friend of my mums has asked if I would supply hand made and hand knitted goods for her new craft shop..... Watch this space......


1 comment:

Dawn Ward said...

Hi Dini! It's Dawn from In His Image. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I love seeing all the wonderful items you have knitted and sewn yourself. I totally am not gifted in that area.

My mother-in-law knits and has knitted socks for my daughter and sweaters for her animals before, but I'm afraid that's a skill I have hever learned. I do know how to crochet, but it's been a long time. As for sewing, a button is about all I can manage! :-)

Thanks again for stopping by. I will definitely visit again now that I know where to find you.

Blessings,
Dawn