Thursday, August 20, 2009

What is God's will for Dini's Life?

So I have been blogging about searching for Gods will in your life, seeking it with everything you have and I have now been posed with this question. What is Gods will for Dini right now? So as the t shirt says lets make it all about me. Lets be real and search out what God wants for me right now. No hypothetical mumbo jumbo that I write and post into cyber space. Lets make it real, I need to now I have started writing this I am compelled to be honest and true to the nth degree.

Just a fraction of background so you know where I am coming from, I am a stay at home mother of two. And the nagging thought as my 4 yr old trundles to Kindy every day is WHAT NOW?? Next year he goes to School and endless days stretch before me. A friend suggested that going to work might be good for me, in that work will provide a source of satisfaction for me that you do not necissarily get from working in the home. It has provided me with a source of confusion and a desperate need to seek the Fathers will for my life. What is the next step? Is ensuring the family unit works well and smoothly the path for me, could it be hugely beneficial for all of them if I went back to work (as well as me?). Is it right to keep on keeping on without trying to find out where I am meant to be going?

How do I work out what Gods will is? I sat and thought about this, I have blogged that I think that I might be meant to rest now, which might be right, but I have no hard evidence, and feelings are fickle things, so I wont rely on them. So in the words of Mr Ed "Go right to the source and ask the horse!" Bring out your bibles people, I thought I could get a christian self help book, so many of them out there, not all bad either, but I thought I would go right to where its all originally written, then I can write my own findings here, and you can see me succede or fail spectacularly!

So this afternoon I wrote a list under a title called "What is God's will for my life??"
I have some points that just start the cogs working, I will put them down, they aren't difinitive because it is just the ramblings of me so take it as you find it, email me with suggestions, I will probably add to them, expand them and stretch them every way see if we can find an answer that makes sense, and hopefully be the answer given by God.

1. Glorify God in my life and Marriage.
2 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul. And love your neighbour as yourself. (this poses a second question for me, how much do I really Love myself? )
3. Romans 12:2 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ( Romans is a cracker full of this kind of info. Going to read Romans again)
4. My Body is a temple of the Living God 1 Cor 6:19
5. When we serve others, we serve God Matthew 25:35-40
6. Mary and Martha with Jesus. One cooking and complaining the other listening and learning.
7. Ruth and Naomi; no definite indication from God as to what they should do, they stepped out in faith and obedience and God blessed them both.
8. Rahab was obedient, she still suffered, but after all the turmoil she was blessed
9. A friend said to me that it might be ok to do what makes your heart sing. Meaning God might actually want me to do something that makes me happy.
10. Obedience is better than sacrifice 1 Samuel 15:22

So I don't think this is a complete list, its the list I am starting with and I am going to read the Gospels and Romans again. I can't just blog crazily and not have it really really mean something, even if only a handful of people read it.

Ready to come on my adventure? Geepers who knows where we'll end up! Yeehaw!

No comments: